The South Similkameen Arts Society is open to artists of all genres from the Keremeos/Similkameen region. We promote the arts with exhibitions and events, art sales, education and workshops, and community involvement.
Our membership continues to grow with our activities and community involvement.
As we close out this year and look forward to a busy 2018, I have listed some of our accomplishments from 2017:
– Cawston Hall Cabin Fever Dance & Silent Auction: again a number of our members donated repainted/repurposed furniture
and work of art
– We presented a $500 scholarship to Grade 12 graduate Michelyn Lepage at the graduation ceremony in June
– Banner Project: SSAS members created several banners for Tara Bowie which were displayed in the village this summer
– SSAS members worked 2 Legion Meat Draws as a fundraiser for the society
– SSAS was invited to participate in the Keremeos Beautification Project and attended the July and October Open Houses at Victory Hall to present our vision, ideas and goals.
– Members exhibited and sold at the Artwalk/Wine in the Vines event at Liquidity and Noble Ridge on July 15-16, and at the Parsons Fruit Stand in August.
– For the 3rd year, our members co-sponsored and participated in the Elks Halloweeen haunted house and maze with over 150 children
enjoy the event.
– SSAS members did a little sprucing up in the village by painting a winter scene on the empty windows of the Variety Store
– Another Wine & Whimsy Paint Afternoon took place on December 3 at the Wrong Turn Tavern under the direction of Wendy Provins.
– The new Three Winds gallery on the main street has several pieces of art from our members for sale.
– Members Bonny Roberts, Myra Hammond and Wendy Provins were again invited to the Lake Country Art Walk in September
Artwork was also auctioned off at the RCMP Gala Ball in Osoyoos, with half of the proceeds going to charity.
– Many SSAS members are represented by galleries in the Okanagan Valley, from Peachland to Osoyoos, as well as by
Wine estates and points of sale